New Clue: Candlestick Comic Coming from IDW in May

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Re: New Clue: Candlestick Comic Coming from IDW in May

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:08 pm

I think the murderer Professor Plum, and here's why:

1. In issue #1, Plum and White were paired together. They were seen in the library and billiard room. White left Plum to check the keys. We see her go clockwise around the mansion, checking each stone. This not only proves that Mrs. White is innocent, but it also proves Plum an opportunity to kill Boddy in the conservatory.

2. In issue #2, Plum goes outside to find Mrs. White near the blue stone. He tells her about employer's death. He said, "Boddy took a lead pipe to the occiput. 'Occiput' is the back of the skull. He's been murdered, is what I mean." How would he know that?

3. According to the nonogram, Plum was in the kitchen. If the secret passageways are in the comic, Plum could have the opportunity to stab Scarlet in the back.

4. From the black and white previews I posted, Mr. Green and Mrs. Peacock are seen together, with Green crying and Peacock trying to comfort him. Since Boddy & Scarlet when though the Kitchen, Ballroom, and Conservatory; and Plum & White where in the Library and Billiard Room, Green & Peacock were probably in the Hall and Lounge. Sure there might be a secret passageway to Conservatory in the Lounge, but Plum would have quicker access to the Conservatory in the Billiard Room.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

Post by chaostheory1489 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm

I think Mrs. Peacock is the killer, but I don’t think Peacock is really Peacock. I think she’s Mrs. Boddy.

1. Peacock’s key was still under the stone, meaning she either didn’t know to take it or had some other way in (or both).

2. Peacock explored the Lounge, which has a secret passage to the Conservatory, where Boddy and Scarlett were killed.

3. After they each went to hide in a separate room, Peacock hid in the Lounge. Presumably she used the secret passage again to get back there.

4. She looks similar to Mrs. Boddy.

5. The mechanic that killed Mrs. Boddy looks similar to Col. Mustard.

I think Mrs. Boddy used Col. Mustard to fake her death, then killed him at the party so he couldn’t talk. She killed Boddy and Scarlett because she thought they were having an affair since he had so much artwork of her.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 pm

chaostheory1489 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:04 pm
I think Mrs. Peacock is the killer, but I don’t think Peacock is really Peacock. I think she’s Mrs. Boddy.

1. Peacock’s key was still under the stone, meaning she either didn’t know to take it or had some other way in (or both).

2. Peacock explored the Lounge, which has a secret passage to the Conservatory, where Boddy and Scarlett were killed.

3. After they each went to hide in a separate room, Peacock hid in the Lounge. Presumably she used the secret passage again to get back there.

4. She looks similar to Mrs. Boddy.

5. The mechanic that killed Mrs. Boddy looks similar to Col. Mustard.

I think Mrs. Boddy used Col. Mustard to fake her death, then killed him at the party so he couldn’t talk. She killed Boddy and Scarlett because she thought they were having an affair since he had so much artwork of her.
Scarlett was killed in the Study, but you theory on Peacock is interesting.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Issue #3 is out! I'll post some screenshots soon. It's not online as of yet, but it should be up by tomorrow or Friday.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:43 pm

This comic series was amazing!

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm

vary good ending. i liked the references to both clue and other board games/ comics. while the prevous clue comic felt like it was a tribute to the movie. this series felt like a tribute to the board game.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 pm

I wonder what's next for Clue in the hands of IDW Comics?

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:08 pm
I think the murderer Professor Plum, and here's why:

1. In issue #1, Plum and White were paired together. They were seen in the library and billiard room. White left Plum to check the keys. We see her go clockwise around the mansion, checking each stone. This not only proves that Mrs. White is innocent, but it also proves Plum an opportunity to kill Boddy in the conservatory.

2. In issue #2, Plum goes outside to find Mrs. White near the blue stone. He tells her about employer's death. He said, "Boddy took a lead pipe to the occiput. 'Occiput' is the back of the skull. He's been murdered, is what I mean." How would he know that?

3. According to the nonogram, Plum was in the kitchen. If the secret passageways are in the comic, Plum could have the opportunity to stab Scarlet in the back.

4. From the black and white previews I posted, Mr. Green and Mrs. Peacock are seen together, with Green crying and Peacock trying to comfort him. Since Boddy & Scarlet when though the Kitchen, Ballroom, and Conservatory; and Plum & White where in the Library and Billiard Room, Green & Peacock were probably in the Hall and Lounge. Sure there might be a secret passageway to Conservatory in the Lounge, but Plum would have quicker access to the Conservatory in the Billiard Room.

I called it!

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Everything about this comic was wonderful, and frankly I want more

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 pm

I was re-reading Clue: Candlestick #2 and I noticed something.
When Miss Scarlet enters the study, there's a bunch of folders. One of the folders is labeled "Dr. Orchid".

Nice Easter egg, but is Orchid in this version Boddy's wife?