Clue Current Thoughts

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

BBP
Investigator

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by BBP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I'd love to have 13 Dead End Drive! They only published its sequel in Netherlands, so it'll be hard to get, plus getting more than 2 people around for a game is hard work here...

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Lord Leo Le Blanc wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:32 pm
With all of the obscure characters being added to the Clue app/steam game.I wonder if they will ever use the updated characters in a new modern day version of Master detective.

Also from the little bits and pieces i'm slowly hearing about the new Ryan Reynolds Clue movie. I wonder if they are gonna have both Mrs. White and Dr. Orchid like they did in the comic book.
When you say obscure characters, are you saying Rose, Peach, Brunette, Azure, and Gray/Grey? Only Azure was not in the original MD game, and they’d have to make him optional, or add a new character. Or are you referring to the new characterizations like Sherriff Mustard, Cardinal Green, and Maharaja Brunette?

As for any new movie ... and I’ll believe it when I see it, especially since Disney bought Fox and could easily kill it, Hasbro could dictate certain terms in order to grant a license. Orchid is almost a given assuming Hasbro is serious about making her a standard character and not just a marketing stunt, but hopefully they realize that White would be essential for making a successful movie. It seems they were OK with Marmalade, so I’d expect it for the movie as well.

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Suspect

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:41 pm

When you say obscure characters, are you saying Rose, Peach, Brunette, Azure, and Gray/Grey? Only Azure was not in the original MD game, and they’d have to make him optional, or add a new character. Or are you referring to the new characterizations like Sherriff Mustard, Cardinal Green, and Maharaja Brunette?
I mean the master detective/VHS characters. Tough characters like Azure and the rest of the FX/DVD game characters would be cool. It does beg the question. Hasbro is realy kean on keeping Orchid. So if they did do a master detective. They could remove Peach and add White with Orchid. And if that is the case. They could make new brown, orange, and gray characters.

Honestly I would love to see themed boards that do sheriff mustard and not just give wooden pieces and mute the board colors.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:14 pm

In case it interests anybody...

https://vimeo.com/295052225
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!